Round Rock, TX 78681 US
TMD Staffing is looking to hire Assemblers in Belton, TX to start immediately.
Pay Rate: $16.45 / HR
Job Summary: Assists assembly crew in grinding, repairing, assembling, and finishing fiberglass tanks and accessories. Uses power tools, assembly jigs, and material handling equipment. Maintains materials, supplies, equipment, and resins used in fabrication, repair, and assembly of tanks.
Opportunity to get hired on FULL-TIME after the transitional period!!!
- Cuts hand lay-up glass to proper sizes.
- Assists in assembly and fabrication of finished products.
- Assists in fabricating, preparing, and installing fittings and other component parts.
- Repairs product defects (including, but not limited to, grinding, patching, etc.) as marked by the appropriate personnel.
- Visually inspects, takes measurements and other process checks, and notifies appropriate personnel of off-quality material.
- Assists mandrel and assembly crews in the preparation and/or operation of equipment.
- Assists in storing and loading in-line and finished products including the operation of material handling equipment.
- Observes and assists co-worker in the inside lay-up of tanks.
- Mix resins and catalysts according to conditions to ensure proper laminate cures.
- Saturates fiberglass mat and woven roving.
- Assists in matching and alignment of shells to meet tank specifications.
- Checks, cleans, changes, and performs minor maintenance on tools and equipment to ensure application efficiencies.
- Sets up and assembles direct materials for shell fabrication (including, but not limited to, rib forms, mesh, netting, scrim, flow inserts, etc.)
- Assists in the production of shells following instructions and/or established procedures.
- Maintains supply of materials in mandrel area (e.g. fills creels with glass, loads sand hoppers, etc.)
- Assists in the application of rib forms and the formation of rib channels.
- Rolls out shells, end caps, panels, and accessories.
- Assists in transporting shells and tanks.
- Operates equipment, power tools, assembly jigs, and material handling equipment (including, but not limited to, band saws, drill press, cut-off saws, etc.)
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED REQUIRED
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and mathematical skills
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or listen
- Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at (512) 218-4398!
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday - Friday.