Assemblers - Temp-to-Hire
BELTON, TX 76513 US
TMD Staffing is looking to hire Assemblers to start immediately.
Job Summary: Assists assembly crew in grinding, repairing, assembling and finishing fiberglass tanks and accessories. Uses power tools, assembly jigs and material handling equipment. Maintains materials, supplies, equipment and resins used in fabrication, repair and assembly of tanks.
Opportunity to get hired on FULL-TIME after Transitional period!!!
- Cuts hand lay-up glass to proper sizes.
- Assists in assembly and fabrication of finished products.
- Assists in fabricating, preparing and installing fittings and other component parts.
- Repairs product defects (including, but not limited to, grinding, patching, etc.) as marked by appropriate personnel.
- Visually inspects, takes measurements and other process checks and notifies appropriate personnel of off-quality material.
- Assists mandrel and assembly crews in preparation and/or operation of equipment.
- Assists in storing and loading of in-line and finished products including the operation of material handling equipment.
- Observes and assists co-worker in the inside lay-up of tanks.
- Mixes resins and catalysts according to conditions to insure proper laminate cures.
- Saturates fiberglass mat and woven roving.
- Assists in matching and alignment of shells to meet tank specifications.
- Checks, cleans, changes and performs minor maintenance on tools and equipment to insure application efficiencies.
- Sets up and assembles direct materials for shell fabrication (including, but not limited to, rib forms, mesh, netting, scrim, flow inserts, etc.)
- Assists in production of shells following instructions and/or established procedures.
- Maintains supply of materials in mandrel area (e.g. fills creels with glass, loads sand hoppers, etc.)
- Assists in the application of rib forms and formation of rib channel.
- Rolls out shells, end caps, panels and accessories.
- Assists in transporting shells and tanks.
- Operates equipment, power tools, assembly jigs and material handling equipment (including, but not limited to, band saws, drill press, cut-off saws, etc.)
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED REQUIRED
- Good communication, organizational, time management, mathematical skills
- Regularly required to us hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or listen
- Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at (512) 218-4398!
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday - Friday.