CNC 5 Axis Machinist
CEDAR PARK, TX 78613-3614 US
Job # 40926
TMD staffing is looking to hire a CNC 5 Axis Machinist to start ASAP!
Pay Range: $24 - $28 / Hourly
***EDUCATION REQUIRED - HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED***
SCHEDULE: 5:00AM - 3:30PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
- AVERAGE WORK WEEK IS 50 HOURS SO 10 HOURS OT IS REQUIRED
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- PREFERABLY BOTH MILL AND LATHE EXPERIENCE, OR 5-AXIS EXPERIENCE
- MAZAK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED
- MINIMUM 3 YEARS OF CNC EXPERIENCE, 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- ABILITY TO HOLD TIGHT TOLERANCES I.E. + OR - .0005 AND AN RMS OF 16-32
- EXPERIENCE USING MEASURING TOOLS SUCH AS O.D. MICROMETERS, I.D. MICROMETERS, PROFILOMETERS AND CALIPERS
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD IN-PERSON. MANAGER IS MOTIVATED TO HIRE ASAP.
A Cedar Park Texas facility is actively recruiting for a CNC 5 Axis Machinist to use expert knowledge to operate and control computer numerically controlled (CNC) Machines. The successful candidate will maintain knowledge of G &M codes and input them into CNC Machines for production, while ensuring products have precise and accurate measurements and safely and efficiently set up and operate Mazak Integrex 5-axis machining centers.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC 5 axis Mazak Integrex in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Operate, perform set-up changes and first article inspections on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Use precision measuring instruments, read blueprints, and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and correctly utilize Capto tool holders, mill tooling, turning tools and inserts
- Read blueprints and use precision measuring instrument including profilometers, dial indicators, depth gages, OD/ID micrometers, and groove micrometers
- Hold tight tolerances, often +/-0.0005
- Works to a dispatch report and ensure that jobs are run in proper sequence.
- Ensure proper machining of product to ensure products that can be sent to the next operation are within specification.
- Produces good quality product that fully meets specifications
- Maintains area and equipment
- Manages own workflow
- Meets safety, quality, delivery, and productivity measures
- High school or GED
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints and routers, required.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools, required.
- At least 3-5 years combined of CNC mill and CNC lathe experience or 5 axis experience.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic
- Can demonstrate teamwork
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, and reach.
- Regularly required to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing.
- Regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Regularly required to perform light physical effort to lift or move lightweight materials up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to view a computer screen.
- Team Oriented
AVERAGE WORK WEEK IS 50 HOURS SO 10 HOURS OT IS REQUIRED.
Apply online for immediate consideration! If you have any questions, please call our Austin office at 512-454-8766.