CNC 5 Axis Machinist
CEDAR PARK, TX 78613 US
Job Order #40953
Job Title: CNC 5-Axis Machinist (Weekend Shift)
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a CNC 5-Axis Machinist to work the Weekend Shift!
Pay Rate: $23.00 - $29.00 / Hourly (Depending On Experience)
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC 5 axis Mazak Integrex in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
- Operate, perform set-up changes and first article inspections on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring, and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Use precision measuring instruments, read blueprints, and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance, and tooling requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Must have a resume
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints, and routers is required.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools, required.
- Must have at least 3-5 years combined of CNC mill and CNC lathe experience or 5 axis experience.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic.
- Can demonstrate teamwork.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, and reach.
- Regularly required to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing.
- Regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Regularly required to perform light physical effort to lift or move lightweight materials up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to view a computer screen.
- Preferably both mill and lathe experience, or 5-axis experience
- Mazak experience preferred, not required
- Minimum of 3 years of CNC experience, 5 years experience preferred
- Ability to hold tight tolerances i.e. + or - .0005 and an rms of 16-32
- Experience using measuring tools such as o.d. micrometers, i.d. micrometers, profilometers and calipers
WEEKEND SHIFT WOULD BE FRIDAY - SATURDAY, 5:00AM TO 5:30PM FOR 36 TOTAL HOURS
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 512-218-4398.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.