CNC 5 Axis Machinist
CEDAR PARK, TX 78613-3614 US
Job # 41321
TMD staffing is looking to hire multiple CNC 5 Axis Machinist to start ASAP!
Pay Range: $24+ P/HR (DOE)
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- PREFERABLY BOTH MILL AND LATHE EXPERIENCE, OR 5-AXIS EXPERIENCE
- MAZAK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED
- MINIMUM 3 YEARS OF CNC EXPERIENCE, 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- ABILITY TO HOLD TIGHT TOLERANCES I.E. + OR - .0005 AND AN RMS OF 16-32
- EXPERIENCE USING MEASURING TOOLS SUCH AS O.D. MICROMETERS, I.D. MICROMETERS, PROFILOMETERS AND CALIPERS
A Cedar Park Texas facility is actively recruiting for a few CNC 5 Axis Machinist to use expert knowledge to operate and control computer numerically controlled (CNC) Machines. The successful candidate will maintain knowledge of G &M codes and input them into CNC Machines for production, while ensuring products have precise and accurate measurements and safely and efficiently set up and operate Mazak Integrex 5-axis machining centers.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC 5 axis Mazak Integrex in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Operate, perform set-up changes and first article inspections on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Use precision measuring instruments, read blueprints, and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and correctly utilize Capto tool holders, mill tooling, turning tools and inserts
- Read blueprints and use precision measuring instrument including profilometers, dial indicators, depth gages, OD/ID micrometers, and groove micrometers
- Hold tight tolerances, often +/-0.0005
- Works to a dispatch report and ensure that jobs are run in proper sequence.
- Ensure proper machining of product to ensure products that can be sent to the next operation are within specification.
- Produces good quality product that fully meets specifications
- Maintains area and equipment
- Manages own workflow
- Meets safety, quality, delivery, and productivity measures
- High school or GED
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints and routers, required.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools, required.
- At least 3-5 years combined of CNC mill and CNC lathe experience or 5 axis experience.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic
- Can demonstrate teamwork
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, and reach.
- Regularly required to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing.
- Regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Regularly required to perform light physical effort to lift or move lightweight materials up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to view a computer screen.
- Team Oriented
WEEK SHIFT 5:00AM - 3:30PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10 HOURS OT IS REQUIRED
WEEKEND SHIFT WOULD BE FRIDAY - SATURDAY, 5:00AM TO 5:30PM FOR 36 TOTAL HOURS
Apply online for immediate consideration! If you have any questions, please call our Austin office at 512-454-8766.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 9AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.