CNC Lathe Machinist
CEDAR PARK, TX 78613-3614 US
Pay Rate: $23.00+ P/HR (DOE)
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a CNC Lathe Machinist III to use expert knowledge to operate and control computer numerically controlled (CNC) Machines.
CNC Machinist will be tasked to safely and efficiently set up and operate a CNC Lathe. Machines include Okuma CNC Lathes, Mazak CNC Lathes.
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ABILITY TO READ MEASURING EQUIPMENT
- BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF TOOLING
- MECHANICAL APTITUDE
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC lathes in a timely, safe
and efficient manner.
- Perform set-up including locating tools and fixtures, defining tools, touching off tools, setting jaws, or fixturing. Obtain a first article
inspection on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of
quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Read blueprints, precision measuring instruments and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements.
- Maintain tolerancing through entire run, while performing periodic inspection to be documented on Inspection Sheets.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and
cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify and correctly utilize tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, and inserts
- Read blueprints and use precision measuring instrument including profilometers, dial indicators, depth gages, OD/ID micrometers, and
- Hold tight tolerances, often +/-0.0005
- Works to a dispatch report and ensure that jobs are run in proper sequence.
- Ensure proper machining of product to ensure products that can be sent to the next operation are within specification.
- Produces good quality product that fully meets specifications
- Maintains area and equipment
- Manages own workflow
- Meets safety, quality, delivery, and productivity measures
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints and routers, required.
Schedule: SCHEDULE: 5:00AM - 3:30PM WITH WEEKLY OT - 10 HOURS A WEEK REQUIRED WITH OCCASIONAL 6 HOURS ON SATURDAYS
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 512-218-4398.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.