CNC Machine Setup Operator
302 DETEX DR NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130 United States of America
Job Order # 53214
TMD Staffing is looking to hire CNC Machine Setup Operator in the New Braunfels area!
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions outlined in the CNC Operator job description and perform the functions as needed.
- Inspects machinery and equipment to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
- Must support the maintenance department with CNC maintenance as needed.
- Independently completes CNC set-up for self and others for production cycle from work order or job traveler.
- Operates CNC and shop machinery according to print specifications and safety requirements.
- Reads and loads programs, identifies errors, sets up CNC, and performs program/part offsets.
- Supports approval of new fixtures, new programs, and new CNC machined parts.
- Identifies and proposes improvements for programs, part set-up, and fixtures.
- Sets proper X, Y, Z, and A axis for CNC fixture setups.
- Supports design of new improved tools for fixtures.
- interfaces with machinists and programmers in a professional manner.
- Loads and secures cutting tools and part-holding fixtures and loads raw materials into CNC.
- Machines production or prototype parts using CNC machines, shop equipment, and precision measuring tools.
- Performs non-CNC tasks when needed.
- Prepares and loads part holding fixtures and raw material onto the machines.
- Uses various measuring devices or test fixtures and gauges to verify the quality of components being produced. Must be able to machine parts to specified tolerances.
- Complete repair or rework parts as requested.
- Adjusts machine settings to secure required dimensions and quality on production runs.
- Feed raw material or parts through semi-automated machines.
- Produces samples (first piece) for QA inspection and inspects production piece parts for proper dimensions/specifications using various measuring equipment and test fractures.
- Completes in-process inspection and places the product on hold/containment if needed.
- Reports production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to lead.
- Independently works from drawings, sketches, patterns, templates, process sheets or samples, and written and verbal instructions.
- Assists in recordkeeping related to job orders/production.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Meet or exceed 85% Standard Rate (STD) and support new hire training.
- Performs non-CNC tasks when needed and repairs or rework parts as needed.
- Operates forklifts, man-lifts, and shop machines as needed to meet production needs.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production, efficiency, and productivity to minimize backlog.
- Begins and ends shift on time consistently and reports delays immediately.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and 1 year of experience in setting up and operating CNC machines and shop equipment and power tools required. One year of experience in a machine shop manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ability to independently set up and operate CNC machines.
- Ability to properly set up X, Y, Z, and A axis for CNC fixture setups.
- Attentive to detail with good planning and time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of machine shop-related tasks. Knowledge of metal properties preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced skills in operating shop machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and using precise measuring devices.
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
$18.70 per hour
Monday - Thursday, 6:00AM - 4:30PM
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
For more information about our positions, please give TMD Staffing New Braunfels a call at 830-327-6138. Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to TMD37@texasmgmt.com for immediate consideration.