HOUSTON, TX 77041-3017 US
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a CNC Machinist for a well-known employer in the Houston area!
This is a Temp-to-Hire Opportunity! Night Shift Position with lots of opportunity for OT!
Responsible for using expert knowledge to operate and control computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines. Maintain knowledge of G & M codes and input them into CNC machines for production, while ensuring products have precise and accurate measurements.
- Night Shift: 5:00 PM-5:00 AM (Currently working on 15-20 Hours of OT every week!)
- Must be able to work with frequent OT and have the availability to work on the weekends if needed.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines such as, but not limited, to lathes and milling machines in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
- Operate, and perform set-up changes and first article inspections on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring, and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Read blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance, and tooling requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and cutting tools to be used.
- Prove out new programs and make simple edits of NC programs on at least one or more numerically controlled machines.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Focus on various computer-controlled machines.
- VTL, HBM, and GTL knowledge and experience.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company procedures.
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have at least 5 years of CNC lathe experience. (Mazak or anything similar)
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use measuring tools.
- Experience in the machining of oilfield products.
- Proficient understanding of CNC G&M Codes.
- Experience with operating Mazak Intergrex Machining Center.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints, and routers.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD Staffing a call at 713-290-0090. Apply online or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.