HOUSTON, TX 77086-1211 US
TMD Staffing is searching for a CNC Machinist for an employer in NW Houston, TX! (77086)
Work Environment: In-Person
Duties and responsibilities
- The CNC Lathe and Mill Operator reads and interprets engineered blueprints/drawings, and machines parts with tight specifications and tolerances of +/-.001 .
- Operates DMG Mori Seiki lathes with live tooling for the fabrication of fluorocarbon resin parts that conform to the high quality machine standards required by the company.
- Conducts lathe and mill set-ups under minimal supervision.
- Reads and interprets safety rules/policies, engineered blueprints, procedure manuals, and operating instructions.
- Adheres to all company mandated safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is one of our core values which requires you to wear safety protection such as safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, safety shoes with metatarsal protection, and company uniform.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment. The shop is kept very organized and clean at all times due to the nature of the products we manufacture.
- Inspects parts produced to determine dimensions and tolerance requirements of finished work pieces.
- Responsible for quality of all parts produced.
- Utilizes common measuring tools: micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc. to perform QC on in-process and/or finished parts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Completes documentation generated and required for production in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities assigned by management as required and willing/able to cross-train in multiple departments as needed.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualified candidates will possess strong decision-making and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude with a focus on safety, quality, and efficiency to meet and exceed our customer s needs and requirements.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience (or a combination of experience and training) interpreting engineered blueprints, cutting and relieving multiple styles of threads, and machining ring grooves.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 specifications and requirements a plus.
- Experience with DMG Mori Seiki Lathes with live tooling and DMG ERGOline operation panels.
- Experience with Fanuc controls.
- Experience with Mazak machines and Mazatrol operation panel.
- Experience working from engineered blueprints, sketches, and process control documents.
- Experience machining plastics of various compositions (PTFE, PFA, etc.) desired; will consider experience machining various types of alloys and exotic metals as a substitute.
- Experience machining threading applications required (NPT, straight, tapered, etc.).
- Experience running stations with multiple machines in a fast pace work environment required.
- Previous experience with and proper knowledge of the use and calibration of inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, height gages, etc.).
Pay Rate: $18.00 - $22.00 / Hourly
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Shift Times: 2PM to 11PM and 9PM to 6AM
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD Staffing NW Houston a call at 713-290-0090.
Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.