302 DETEX DR NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130 United States of America
Job Order #53292
TMD Staffing is looking to hire CNC Operator in the Seguin area!
- Machines prototype or production parts using manual and Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machines, shop equipment, and precision measuring tools.
- Programs and operates Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machine to produce prototypes or production parts.
- Sets up and adjusts all machinery according to print specifications and safety requirements.
- Adjust to secure required dimensions and quality on machine production runs.
- Produces samples (first piece) for inspection and inspects production piece parts for proper dimensions/specifications using various measuring equipment and test fractures.
- Completes in-process inspection and places the product on hold/containment if needed. Inspects machinery and equipment to insure proper and safe operation.
- Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
- Uses various measuring devices or test fixtures and gauges to verify the quality of components being produced. Repairs or reworks parts as requested.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Performs Machine Operator functions as needed; operates and uses various machines, hand tools, and small power tools; including but not limited to: punch press, drill press, sander, tapping machine, spin-o-matic, milling machines, kick press, and other machine shop equipment to produce security hardware products and/or components.
- Reports production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to supervisor.
- Works from drawings, patterns, templates, process sheets or samples, and written and verbal instructions.
- Operates forklifts, man-lifts, and shop machines as needed to meet production needs.
- Supports new hire training and cross-training of machine shop staff.
- Maintain appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production, efficiency, and productivity to minimize backlog.
- Assists in recordkeeping related to job orders/production.
- Begins and ends shift on time consistently and reports delays immediately.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and 1 year of experience programming and operating CNC machine and machine shop equipment and power tools required. One year of experience in a machine shop manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Skill in programming and operating Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) equipment
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of machine shop-related tasks. Knowledge of metal properties preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced skills in operating shop machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and using precise measuring devices
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
$17.60 per hour
Monday - Thursday, 6:00AM - 4:30PM
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
For more information about our positions, please give TMD Staffing New Braunfels a call at 830-327-6138. Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to TMD37@texasmgmt.com for immediate consideration.