302 DETEX DR NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130 United States of America
Job Order # 53215
TMD Staffing is looking to hire CNC Programmer in the New Braunfels area!
- Must be able to perform all CNC Operator and CNC set-up job essential job functions and perform the functions as needed. Performs all CNC functions as directed.
- Translates design specifications and blueprints into machine-readable code that allows the CNC machine to produce accurate and consistent parts and conducts all CNC operations independently.
- Reads blueprint designs, programs, and sets-up, test/debugs program on the CNC machines.
- Reads and loads programs, identifies errors, sets up machines, and performs program/part offsets.
- Independently programs and sets up CNC machines for machining parts for self and others for production cycle from work order or job traveler. Monitors and optimizes production.
- Inspects machinery and equipment to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
- Must support the maintenance department with CNC maintenance as needed.
- Write formulas for program mills and lathes using computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software.
- Verifies machine settings and positioning. Periodically check each machine and operator to make sure each machine stays perfectly aligned and helps maintain inventory of cutting tools and raw materials.
- Helps to prove out new fixtures, new programs, and new CNC machined parts.
- Identifies and proposes improvements to programs, part setup, and fixtures and helps design new improved tools for better fixturing. Interfaces with machinists professionally and productively.
- Prepares and loads part holding fixtures and raw material onto the machines for self and others.
- Loads and secures cutting tools and part-holding fixtures and loads raw materials into CNC.
- Machines production or prototype parts using CNC machines, shop, and precision measuring tools.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates CNC machines and all machinery according to print specifications and safety requirements to secure required dimensions and quality on machine production runs.
- Must be able to machine parts to specified tolerances and ensure the quality of parts produced.
- Feed raw materials or parts through semi-automated machines.
- Produces samples (first piece) for QA inspection, completes the in-process inspection, and place product on hold/containment if needed.
- Reports production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to the machine shop lead.
- Independently works from drawings, sketches, patterns, templates, process sheets or samples, and written and verbal instruction and assists in recordkeeping related to job orders/production.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Meet or exceed 85-100% Standard Rate (STD) and support new hire training.
- Performs non-CNC tasks when needed and repairs or rework parts as needed.
- Operates forklifts, man-lifts, and shop machines as needed to meet production needs.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production, efficiency, and productivity to minimize backlog.
- Begins and ends shift on time consistently and reports delays immediately.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and 3 years of experience programming, setting up, and operating CNC machine and machine shop equipment and power tools required. One year of experience in a machine shop manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming, set-up, and operating CNC machines and Fusion 360 software.
- Attentive to detail with good planning and time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of machine shop-related tasks. Knowledge of metal properties preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced skills in operating shop machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and using precise measuring devices.
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
$19.80 per hour
Monday - Tuesday, 6:00AM - 4:30PM
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
For more information about our positions, please give TMD Staffing New Braunfels a call at 830-327-6138. Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to TMD37@texasmgmt.com for immediate consideration.