Round Rock, TX 78664
Job Title: Cabling Specialist
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The cabling Specialist s goal is to meet or exceed customer expectations by delivering quality products and services on time... It is everyone s responsibility to ensure that these goals are achieved. Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Employee s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be reliable and report to work as scheduled.
- Ability to read cable labels (size 11 font)
- Ability to identify correct ports on IT equipment such as servers, and switches
- Ability to install cables in a neat and orderly fashion
- Identify IT equipment and connect cables to port assignments accordingly
- Install and route cables in IT equipment in an organized structure according to documentation
- Communicates effectively and appropriately when dealing with other departments, co-workers, customers, etc.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
- High school diploma/GED required.
- General experience in manufacturing/ warehouse environment
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret written work instructions and drawings
- Basic understanding of Electronics/IT equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Inside Manufacturing/Warehouse work
- No exposure to extreme weather
- Noise level moderate
- Ability to work on your feet, stoop, kneel, climb, work in tight spaces, and lift throughout most of the workday.