Cirque du Soleil - Costume Dresser
San Antonio, TX 78227 US
Cirque du Soleil - Bazzar is coming to San Antonio, TX!
If you are looking to make money while having fun, APPLY TODAY!
We are looking to hire Costume Dressers !
November 5th - December 3rd
Apply Today at www.tmdstaffing.com or call (210) 538-5290 to set up an appointment.
- Pre-setting all costumes and props backstage during show call according to daily cast changes;
- Running cue track and assisting artists with dressing and quick changes;
- Being prepared to quickly answer requests in English coming from artists, wardrobe staff or technical staff under stressful circumstances;
- Maintaining integrity and safety of all costumes and costume accessories (this includes emergency repairs, alteration work and mending work);
- Daily washing of costumes (this includes hand washing and machine washing);
- Daily inspecting of all costumes for holes, tears or stains;
- Maintaining a clean and secure work environment (this includes weekly cleaning of backstage dressing areas and all other wardrobe spaces);
- Helping with the set-up and tear-down of the wardrobe department, dressing rooms, laundry room and stock room;
- Carrying out all other wardrobe projects and tasks assigned by HOW.
The ideal candidate will:
- A minimum of three years of experience as a professional costume dresser with experience in costume repairs on large-scale stage productions;
- Fluency in English (ability to read and speak) is essential;
- Ability to communicate directly with artists daily in a calm and professional manner;
- Good health and good eye-sight necessary;
- Being comfortable working in dark confined spaces for long periods of time;
- Being comfortable working under pressure in a stressful and ever-changing environment;
- Ability to use domestic as well as industrial sewing machines and ability to hand stitch;
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to 15kg;
- Wearing black clothing (long sleeves, long pants, flat shoes) while on duty;
- Being available to work 6 days a week for a total average of 45 hours a week;
- Being committed to the whole city run;
- Ability to kneel frequently;
- Ability to climb up and down stairs with heavy laundry baskets.
- Working Hours: 35-40 Hours per week.
- Working Days: 5 days a week (Subject to change according to the show schedule)
Cirque du Soleil is the world leader in live entertainment. Join us in creating the unexpected and take your hospitality career to new heights!
- Experience the magic for yourself! Receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the show upon availability.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour.
- Artistic encounters.
- 40% off at the Cirque du Soleil merchandise boutique.
- And much more!
Apply Online for immediate consideration! To learn more about our positions, please call TMD Staffing San Antonio at (210) 538-5290