Cirque du Soleil- Kitchen Chef
HOUSTON, TX 77064-3417 US
TMD Staffing is currently hiring for a Chef for the traveling Cirque du Soleil show KOOZA!
This is an immediate opening.
- Prepare food for service to Cirque s employees (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces);
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff;
- Together with Cirque s kitchen team, collaborate and construct menus with new or existing culinary;
- creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings;
- Answer, report and follow Cirque chef s instructions;
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food;
- Stock inventory appropriately;
- Ensure that food comes out in high quality and in a timely fashion;
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards;
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers;
- Help oversee prep cook s duties and tasks.
The ideal candidate will:
- 3-5 years of proven cooking experience;
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks;
- Familiar with industry s best practices;
- Culinary school diploma is a bonus;
- Good knowledge of English and language of the market to facilitate conversations with foreign tour team;
- Potential for heavy lifting may work on one s feet for up to 10 hours, work in a loud environment;
- Comfortable to work in an environment subject to outside weather conditions (cooking facilities are under a non-permanent structure: containers);
- Availability for the whole city duration;
- Provide any health/food safety certification documentation as may be required in the relevant market;
- Availability for the whole city duration.
If you are interested please apply at www.tmdstaffing.com or call our office today at 713-290-0090.