4701 BLALOCK RD HOUSTON, TX 77041 United States of America
Job Order: 53261
TMD Staffing is looking to hire an Extrusion Operator!
Efficient operation of the extrusion line coordinated with the inspector/packer to produce top-quality parts. Key production goals are to increase run time and rate as compared to machine downtime or idle time. Operators will also reduce scrapped material via faster set up and better maintenance of specifications.
- Prepare extrusion equipment, etc., for production (change-overs and set-ups) and communicate with shift Lead Operator to ensure consistency of accurate and efficient production run (review print information on all job orders).
- Prepare and change over lines, i.e., assemble tooling, fixturing, materials, etc., required for the next work orders. This is key to production up-time and set-up improvements.
- Review and inspect all product specifications on an ongoing basis to ensure conformance to quality and production rate standards.
- Assist with housekeeping, packaging, safety, and security issues as needed. Report unsafe acts and conditions and help maintain plant security.
- Assist other operators/lines as needed. Replace or assist other positions when required.
- Comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations as specified by the supervisor.
- Initiate and maintain all paperwork within the assigned area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One year previous experience in plastics extrusion operating machinery or related business.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Previous experience working with mechanical equipment and/or mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience using a forklift, preferably licensed.
Monday to Friday from 7AM to 3:30pm
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD Staffing NW Houston a call at 713-290-0090
Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.