Failure Mode Analysis Technician
Plano, TX 75074 US
Job Order # 19940
Pay Rate: $25 / HR
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a Failure Mode Analysis Technician!
- Monitors active work list and performs RCA in order of assignment.
- Responsible for performing RCA on a wide assortment of electronics.
- The analysis includes research of the failure history, verification of the failure, isolation of the failure, and determination of the failure mechanism.
- Works with various other internal departments to establish a solution for the identified root cause of the failure.
- Prepares formal Failure Analysis reports, suitable for distribution to management and customers as required.
- Visually inspects and tests returned products using test equipment and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose malfunction.
- May use an oscilloscope, multi meters, and other meters and tools to determine the failure mechanism.
- Adjusts, repairs, and/or replaces defective components using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Enters information on all completed work in Eltek s information management software systems (ETS and IFS).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- An associate degree in electronics engineering or equivalent education or work experience is required. ASEE or AASEET is preferred.
- Previous experience with soldering and repair of electronic circuits is required.
- Previous experience with using schematics and drawings to troubleshoot electronic circuits is required.
- Experience working with rectifier circuitry preferred.
- Proficiency in using a computer and various software tools is required. Quick adaptation to learning new software tools is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including MS Office (Word and Excel) and e-mail.
- Knowledge of industry-standard soldering requirements and techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of switching power supply design preferred.
- Communication: Written and verbal fluency in the English language. Effective communication skills both written and oral are required.
- Friendly, communicative, intelligent, responsive, and adaptive.
- Dependable; may be relied on.
- Efficient; competent, capable.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Achievement/Effort; job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Experience with Eltek product circuit theory is preferred.
- This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk or workbench and using tools and test equipment and performing tasks on a computer. Good vision is required. (Corrected vision is accepted.)
- Additional physical requirements include standing, bending, hand dexterity, seeing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Monday through Friday 7:00AM 3:30PM (1st shift)
- Monday through Friday 3:30PM 12:00AM (2nd shift)
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 469-443-0945