Carrollton, TX 75006 US
Job Order #40826
Job Title: IT Technician
TMD Staffing is looking to hire 2 IT Technicians.
Pay Rate: $45000 - $85000 Annually
Job Description and Responsibilities
- The IT Technician is responsible for day-to-day operational IT and end user support and maintenance.
- The end user support includes, but is not limited to account and device management, hardware assembly, end user device deployment & decommissioning, basic hardware replacement, rack & stack of equipment, cabling, phone and remote support, asset management & tracking, physical auditing, engineer assistance, and other like tasks.
- This role will be responsible for supporting the Information Technology Services department as well as end users in day-to-day requests. This position will require flexibility of hours to meet the business needs with routine maintenance tasks - helping with server updates, post hours, etc.
- Provide courteous, positive support to all customers and fellow employees across the organization
- Accurately document and communicate issues with all vested parties
- Provide support to all IT department team members in addition to end users
- Resolve issues or escalate them in a timely manner
- Manage time and tasks associated to assigned projects and meet target dates
- Document problems and resolution for future reference.
- Receive, asset tag, configure, install, and deploy new devices
- Perform approved hardware and software maintenance on devices
- Perform physical auditing functions
- Create and maintain documentation which includes but is not limited to: Visio diagrams, spreadsheets, configuration archives, as build documents, and monitoring software
- Stay current with knowledge of related technologies, designs, methods, and trends
- Make routine visits to assigned remote offices
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Hands-on experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Hands-on experience with printers, computers, monitors, laptops, peripherals, network cabling and IP camera systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to use manufacturer support sites and search engines to resolve issues
- Ability to accurately enter information into the help desk ticketing system
- Strong troubleshooting skills (Hardware & Software)
- An understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network troubleshooting
- An understanding of print servers, and how to configure print sharing
- An understanding of cabling infrastructure, including but not limited to cat5, cat6, fiber, patch panels, and respective termination methods.
Skills and Abilities:
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- A willingness to provide a high level of customer service, while working within department and company guidelines
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, as well as manage projects, time, and meet target dates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, etc..) with exceptional attention to detail and be client focused and service driven
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to travel (Candidate must have a valid driver s license and clean driving record)
- 1-2 years of experience required, 3 years or more of experience preferred in a Helpdesk and/or PC support environment or related field required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certification in Computer Science or related field from a college or technical school is desired.
CWNA or RCNA Certification preferred
- Monday Friday, 8:00AM 5:00PM
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 972-820-6888 or 817-201-7829.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday-Friday.