Houston, TX 77040 US
Job Order #40935
TMD Staffing is currently hiring for an Inventory Clerk.
- Perform inventory maintenance using inventory/warehouse management applications.
- Address escalated inventory issues and communicate with warehouse team and clients using email/messaging applications.
- Prepare goods and materials to be shipped along with their corresponding packing slips.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and securing material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures (e.g., dock doors are locked, wheel chocks utilization)
- Process material stock requests, orders and returns using inventory and billing systems necessary for installation.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE), such as forklifts, pallet jacks and handcarts, to load and unload vehicles; Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material within and outside designated areas.
- Handle defective, discontinued or recalled goods; destroy returned goods as appropriate.
- Perform check-ins and check-outs; verify order completeness and inspect for damage.
- Review the daily processing of goods received as returns and the return of goods to vendors; ensure the timely and accurate processing of all returns.
- Receive, issue and store supplies and equipment; processing customer turn-ins; inspecting, verifying and counting supplies and equipment for accuracy, overall condition and accountability.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 75 pounds)
- Ability to multitask.
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse setting
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must possess ability to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- Previous experience with inventory/warehouse management applications.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 713-290-0090. Please apply online for immediate consideration.