Lathe Machinist II & III
Austin, TX 78752 US
Job Order # 40170
Pay Rate: $19 - $25 / HR
TMD Staffing is looking to hire 5 Machine Operators (Lathe Machinist II and III)
- The lathe Machinist will be tasked to safely and efficiently set up and operate a CNC Lathe. Machines include Okuma CNC Lathes, Mazak CNC Lathes.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC lathes in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, perform set-up including locating tools and fixtures, defining tools, touching off tools, setting jaws, or fixturing. Obtain a first article inspection on production runs utilizing CNC Machines.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, deburring, and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Read blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements.
- Maintain tolerancing through the entire run, while performing a periodic inspection to be documented on Inspection Sheets.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Use experience and knowledge to coach and mentor junior machinists to develop and strengthen team competency
- FACILITY-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to identify and correctly utilize tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, and inserts
- Read blueprints and use precision measuring instruments including profilometers, dial indicators, depth gages, OD/ID micrometers, and groove micrometers
- Hold tight tolerances, often +/-0.0005
- Works to a dispatch report and ensures that jobs are run in proper sequence.
- Ensure proper machining of products to ensure products that can be sent to the next operation are within specification.
- Produces good quality product that fully meets specifications
- Maintains area and equipment
- Meets safety, quality, delivery, and productivity measures
High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years preferred minimum years of relevant experience.
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
- Knowledge of basic math, blueprints, and routers is required.
- Knowledge of the proper use of metrology equipment, tools/gauges, and cutting tools, is required.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic
- Ability to work well with the team
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, and reach.
- Regularly required to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing.
- Regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Regularly required to perform light physical effort to lift or move lightweight materials up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to view a computer screen.
5:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday-Friday with 1-2 Saturdays per month.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 512-454-8766.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.