302 DETEX DR NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130 United States of America
Job Order # 53216
TMD Staffing is looking to hire Machine Operator in the New Braunfels area!
- Must be able to complete all essential job functions outlined in the Machine Operator OJT job description and perform the functions as needed.
- Inspects machinery and equipment to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Performs basic maintenance of machine shop equipment.
- Independently sets up, adjusts, and operates all machine shop machinery according to print specifications and safety requirements.
- Independently sets up machines for production cycle from a work order or job traveler.
- Prepares and loads part holding fixtures and raw material onto the machines.
- Independently operates and uses various machines, hand tools, and small power tools; including but not limited to punch press, cutting saws, drill press, sander, tapping machine, endmill machines, kick press, spot welders, and other machine shop equipment to produce security hardware products and/or components.
- Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
- Uses various measuring devices or test fixtures and gauges to verify the quality of components being produced. Must be able to machine parts to specified tolerances.
- Complete repair or rework parts as requested.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Adjusts machine settings to secure required dimensions and quality on machine production runs.
- Feed raw materials or parts through semi-automated machines.
- Produces samples (first piece) for QA inspection and inspects production piece parts for proper dimensions/specifications using various measuring equipment and test fixtures.
- Completes in-process inspection and places the product on hold/containment if needed.
- Assists in recordkeeping related to job orders/production.
- Reports production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to the lead.
- Works from drawings, sketches, patterns, templates, process sheets or samples, and written and verbal instructions.
- Meet or exceed 85% Standard Rate (STD) and support new hire training.
- Operates forklifts, man-lifts, and shop machines as needed to meet production needs.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately to lead.
- Responsible for assigned production, efficiency, and productivity to minimize backlog.
- Begins and ends shift on time consistently and reports delays immediately to lead.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and 1-year machine shop experience required. Experience in operating CNC machines is preferred.
- Proficiency in using hand tools and small power tools.
- Attentive to detail with good planning and time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of machine shop-related tasks. Knowledge of metal properties preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced skills in operating shop machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and using precise measuring devices.
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
$16.50 per hour
Monday - Thursday, 6:00AM - 4:30PM
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
For more information about our positions, please give TMD Staffing New Braunfels a call at 830-327-6138. Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to TMD37@texasmgmt.com for immediate consideration.