CEDAR PARK, TX 78613-3614 US
Job Order #41015
TMD Staffing is looking to hire Mechanical Assemblers to start ASAP in Cedar Park, TX!
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In-Person
A Cedar Park facility is seeking Mechanical Assemblers to work weekday shifts. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented in mechanical assembly. Able to perform tasks associated with assembling, testing, and calibrating general mechanical and hydraulic assemblies. Responsibilities also include light housekeeping within work area and equipment maintenance. Applies some advanced skills, duties, and tasks. Resolves most problems and refers only more complex issues to higher levels. Works under minimal supervision.
PAY RATE: $23.00+ / Hourly (Depending on Experience)
Read and interpret blueprints, assembly drawings, and schematics.
Assemble and install mechanical or hydraulic pneumatic components.
Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure parts in place.
Install finished assemblies or subassemblies.
Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
Plumb pneumatic and hydraulic lines.
Perform functional/continuity tests on completed assemblies.
Test/calibrate completed assemblies
May prioritize work based on production schedule.
Perform the assembly, start-up, and function tests of equipment systems.
Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Cross trains using related duties for use in other production areas as needed.
Maintains a safe, clean, and organized working environment using 5S principles
Promotes and maintains single-piece flow production.
Supports and implements production improvement initiatives.
Keeps meticulously exact quality documentation (Work Orders, Travelers, Process Data, Test Results, etc.).
Responsible for quality control. Adjust as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications Perform 5S on production line work areas
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED; specialized training in industrial production setting recommended.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in single-piece flow assembly production lines required
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic Math Skills.
- Experience utilizing tape measures, calipers, and other measuring devices.
- Experience using MS Office.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems such as JDE, Oracle or similar in a production environment, recommended.
- Firm understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S principles.
- Good understanding of quality control principles; experience applying procedures for detailed documentation of work orders, travelers, process data, test results, etc.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Assembly personnel must be able to clearly recognize a Text Height of .0540? on blueprints and work instructions.
- Assembly personnel must be able to recognize all colors within the visible spectrum in order to recognize various wiring and labeling specifications
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to braze/sweat tubing recommended.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Air-conditioned facility.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 40 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hard hats.
- Loose-fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Standing 75% of the time
- Some Overtime needed
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
- TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE 1+ YEARS OF PLUMBING HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
FLEXIBILITY TO PERFORM OTHER TASKS
- AUTOMOTIVE/INDUSTRIAL PAINTING EXPERIENCE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday, 6:00 AM 4:30 PM with overtime on Fridays (and sometimes Saturdays)
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD Staffing Austin a call at 512-454-8766.
Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.