BRENHAM, TX 77833-5206 US
Job Order #17022
TMD Staffing is looking to hire an Operator Trainee to start ASAP!
Pay Rate: $14.90 / HR
Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a gravure press or single or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to a paper web or sheet stock.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet-wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examining plates/cylinders for imperfections, checking for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required.
- Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Requires thorough knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings, and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to make a variety of difficult precise settings of controls, settings, and adjustments, and to perform routine operational maintenance of equipment.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in the use of a micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Must be able to lift/move a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Rotating 12HR Shifts
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 713-367-4411.