Production Supervisor (Direct Hire)
HUMBLE, TX 77396-1456 US
Job Order # 52499
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a Production Supervisor in the Humble, TX Area (77396) area!
This is a DIRECT-HIRE opportunity!
Generates weekly production schedules in assigned areas according to sales order priorities, stock order demands, material machine and labor availability. Works with Production Managers to ensure that proper resources are in place to support work to be released.
- Generates weekly schedules in assigned areas based on due to start work centers dispatch list from ERP System, staffing availability and machine readiness.
- Report and reschedule past due work orders on a daily basis as a minimum to manager.
- Performs daily review with the Production Managers of previous day production versus plan.
- Ensures that proper resources (labor, machine tools and material) are available to support work in process or work to be released, especially for emergency or unplanned releases.
- Identifies production bottlenecks and provides input to supervisor for load balancing and capacity planning purposes.
- Recommends options for recovery of schedule including combining work orders, overtime, temporary, shifting labor or machines.
- Recommends Corrective Actions and communicates router changes when necessary.
- Proactively communicates re-schedules to Customer Service and Supervisor and prepares for weekly production meetings with updates on all manufacturing issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Responds to phone calls, emails and faxes from internal customers and other departments in person or by telephone to resolve issues relating to shipments, inventory transactions, customer orders and related documentation.
- Assists in researching and reporting all physical departmental constraints to manager.
- Monitors and expedites Work in Process (WIP) work orders in assigned areas to ensure adherence to schedule transaction and accuracy.
- Provides feedback to Production Control and direct manager and/or VP of Manufacturing.
- Assists in verifying and validating capacity profiles for assigned departments.
- Ensure that all employees work in a safe manner and maintain clinically clean housekeeping. Also ensures that all subordinates adhere to all company policies and procedures. Ensures all subordinates receive the training required for the job and said training has been documented in employee s profile.
- Supports shop and shipping departments as needed in order to ensure on-time delivery to customer
- Directly supervises employees in Production.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least four years experience in manufacturing, scheduling, materials planning, inventory control or procurement with knowledge of departmental terminology, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) requirements, shop orders, flow materials and paperwork.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & DEMANDS
- Work Environment: Spends about 5% of time in an office environment. Frequent exposure to shop/inventory/shipping areas to obtain or furnish information.
- List Possible Work Hazards: May be exposed to possible hazards such as heavy equipment, noise and fumes while visiting shop.
$27.68 per hour
Monday Sunday 7 days
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is a global industry leader in the manufacturing industry. They manufacture polymer products and components for the Oil & Gas and light industrial industries. Get your foot in the door with the help of TMD Staffing!
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
For more information about our positions, please give TMD Staffing Spring (3410 Fm 2920 Rd Ste 60, Spring, TX 77388) a call at 281-719-0433. Apply online or email your resume to TMD51@texasmgmt.com for immediate consideration.