R&D Flavorist Associate
SPRING, TX 77386-6046 US
Job Order #41313
Pay Rate: $15.00-$20.00 an hour
Job Title: R&D Flavorist Associate
TMD Staffing is looking to hire R&D Flavorist Associate .
The ideal candidate for R&D Flavorist Associate will possess a solid work track record of excellent attendance, the proven ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain outstanding organizational skills. Possesses the ability to juggle multiple tasks, communicate effectively and have a razor-sharp eye for detail. Develops flavor profiles for ready to mix powders and R&D for capsules. Once trained, this person must be able to work through common R&D and formulation problems independently and lead or assist with the development of flavoring formulas for the generation of quotes for new and existing business opportunities. Collaborating with team members in the development of flavor profiles in powder and capsule forms. As well as modify/correct existing formulas as deemed necessary. Adhering to company guidelines, including CGMPs, SOPs and safety procedures. Interfacing with internal departments including purchasing, manufacturing, inventory control, quality assurance/ quality control, sales and customer service as required. Accountable for internal project collaborations with QA/QC or customer projects as required.
- *Understand and support formulation process including accurate compounding of flavors, raw material handling and measuring physical properties
- *Maintain organized laboratory conditions, manage, and transfer raw materials and flavor stocks
- *Prepare raw materials for evaluation
- *Observe laboratory and plant safety rules and GMP s
- *Interface with cross-category departments including applications, sales, QC and sensory as necessary for completion of job tasks
- *Support customer visits as needed
- *Apply flavors into bases and participate in tasting and product evaluations as needed
- *Understand key steps in projects from creation to application, production, and scale up
- *Strong computer skills, including SAP, Microsoft Office, and other IFF systems as introduced and required
- *Strong practical math skills (e.g., calculating and preparing dilutions of flavoring materials, flavor creations and applications, etc.)
- *Excellent communication skills and ability to interact productively on internal/external basis
- *Ability to taste and discriminate sensory properties of flavors & applications
- *Ability and willingness to collaborate
- *Fluent in English
- *Well organized self-starter with desire to develop new skills
- Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 5:00PM
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 281-719-0433.
Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.