Safety Engineer - HSE Supervisor
14100 WESTFAIR EAST DR HOUSTON, TX 77041 United States of America
JOB ORDER: 53102
TMD Staffing is looking to hire HSE Supervisor.
The HSE Supervisor position participates in and leads initiatives to provide for the safety, health, and environmental requirements of the company and employees. The position ensures all employees are trained in safety components relating to their position. The HSE Supervisor will report to the EHS Manager, and works to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations for all employees, equipment, and operations. The role reduces workers' compensation exposure through accident investigation and proactive accident reduction techniques.
Work Environment: In-Person
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely utilizes the operation of material handling equipment and various tools and machinery.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Implements safety and accident prevention policies in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
2. Evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
3. Conduct safety training and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
4. Investigate accidents to identify causes and determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
5. Serve in an advisory capacity to management and liaison with OSHA inspections and correspondence or with other departments/entities (internal or external) as required.
6. Represent the company in community and industry safety groups, programs, and conferences.
7. Keeps abreast of current developments in training, safety, and accident prevention programs.
8. Maintains records and assembles reports on lost time accidents.
9. Implements hazardous material control.
-Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of equivalent education/safety experience.
-Related safety engineering certifications.
-Five years of safety engineering experience
-Proactive, Initiative taking.
- Domestic travel may be required.
Annual Salary: $55,888 - $75,777 (DOE)
WHO IS TMD STAFFING?
TMD Staffing is a trusted provider of staffing and recruiting services in Texas and Maryland for over 25 years. Our team works closely with job seekers to help them identify and land the right jobs for them. With TMD Staffing, you can get your foot in the door at top employers and choose from temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire jobs. Whether your goal is immediate income or a long-term career strategy, our experts are here to assist.
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD Professional division a call at 281-500-9430
Apply online (www.tmdstaffing.com) or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.