Safety Equipment Calibration / Inspection Trainee
Houston, TX 77087 US
Job Order ID #19846
Pay Rate: $15 / HR
Job Title: Electronics Safety Equipment Calibration/Inspection Trainee
TMD Staffing is looking to hire an Electronics Safety Equipment Calibration\Inspection Trainee!
Part-Time to Full-Time
This job opportunity is for a safety equipment inspection trainee and will ultimately be responsible for assisting lead technician in inspection and calibration services. The work setting will be in office and on-site in chemical plants, railcar yards, shipyards and the like after the completion of training. You will be required to obtain a TWIC card (company sponsored), and wear the proper PPE when required for field work. The candidate will also be trained to do repairs of safety equipment and in data recording for customer reports. The candidate must be self-motivated, display honesty and integrity, show interest and care for customer's needs, and communicate effectively with coworker and customers. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow SOP s to assure compliance and optimum performance of safety equipment.
- Calibrate, test and inspect safety equipment per manufacturer recommendations.
- Repair malfunctioning safety equipment per manufacturer per specifications.
- Maintain a rapid deployment rental fleet.
- Must be able to manage time and complete task to completion to maximize productivity.
- Assist in controlling expenses where opportunities exist
- Communicates effectively with customers, coworkers, and managers
- Actively participates and supports the company s efforts to achieve total satisfaction of customer s requirements while meeting all manufacturer and regulatory requirements
- Ongoing training with manufactures and cross training in various Safety Services disciplines i.e.: instrumentation, respiratory, fall protection and others
- Extended travel may be necessary to customers locations for repairs, maintenance and turnarounds.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in-group problem solving situations
- Look for and communicate additional opportunities with customer and manager
- Must be able to work with tools (including hand tools, diagnostic tools, computer\software, etc.) and hands for servicing of equipment
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; demonstrate effective communication skills with customers to keep them informed of work status, and must be able to interface and communicate with manager and customer in order to assist with inspections, repairs, and troubleshooting
- Detail-oriented: must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Written Communication: Able to read and interpret written information such as SOP s and equipment service requirements
- Teamwork: Must be able to work well with all levels of employees; individually or in a team environment, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; contributes to building a positive and fun work environment; puts success of team above own interests; able to work with the group to meet commitments to goals and objectives.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and professional business emails. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Maintain Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License
- Ability to submit to and pass drug and background screening - Current TWIC Card Preferred
- Ability to bend, squat, walk with heavy equipment, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds safely
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment where quantity and quality go hand in hand
- Ability to work in varied temperatures: heat and cold work spaces
- High School diploma or GED required; or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry and product knowledge preferred.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this position.
Once hired on, the client offers competitive wages, paid training, 5-day work weeks, bi-weekly pay, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
We promote from within to ensure quality, career-oriented, long-term, and experienced employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a Drug-Free workplace and perform pre-employment & random substance abuse testing.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- On call
To learn more about our positions, please give TMD a call at 713-264-6830. Please feel free to come in person and apply. We accept applications from 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 3PM, Monday-Friday.