HOUSTON, TX 77040-6027 US
TMD Staffing is looking to hire a Shipping Scheduler for a facility in NW Houston, TX.
Perform planning functions in an ERP/MRP driven light manufacturing environment. Candidate must have the skills to fulfill the role of MRP and planning expert and will have full responsibility for all matters related to MRP, Planning, Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Variation Tracking and Excess & Obsolete (E&O) Inventory for multiple customers with differing business models across multiple sites in North America.
All job responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the company s Principles of Ethical Business Conduct.
Pay Rate: $24 / HR
- Review, understand and document customer business models and design appropriate planning strategies to fulfill model requirements within Customer Agreed Stocking Levels (ASL).
- Review strategies with Supply Chain Manager and obtain agreement to implement original or modified plan.
- Coordinate cross functional activities within Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Inventory Control and Shipping/Receiving.
- Execute MRP runs to plan for manufacturing & purchasing activities by analyzing Pegging records, where used records and Projected Available Balance.
- Devise systems to accelerate procurement by exploding customer requirements through all the assembly levels.
- Automate reports to identify and capitalize on inventory and freight optimization opportunities.
- Configure Customer Business Models to the ERP system by choosing and selecting the correct planning parameters such as Planning Fence Rules, Planning Fences, Message Display Fence, Freeze Fence, Lead Times, etc.
- Document and implement planning strategies within the framework of existing policies and procedures onto our JDE system. Test implemented plan in MRP to assure that desired outcome is achieved.
- Develop a simulation model of clients supply chain. Use statistical techniques like design of experiments and regression to help understand which factors affect inventory levels and safety stock.
- Act as a resource to support internal team members in receipt and processing of MRP information and forecasts from customers. Included in this task are conditioning data to proper formats for JDE, reviewing and summarizing aggregate plan against other external data sources and following up to assure closure of any items which are not as they should be prior to processing MRP.
- Trouble shoot MRP issues by analyzing Time-Series, Pegging, Supply/Demand, Planning Parameters, BOM inaccuracies etc.
- Track and analyze E&O at the customer and site level. Initiate E&O reduction activities.
- Develop and maintain a suite of tools to be used in analyzing Forecast Variation and Forecast vs. Actual Builds. Publish reports based on this information and perform presentations to internal and external customers to drive improvements in this process.
- Provide support to document and perform training sessions for personnel surrounding planning, planning models, item setup, bills of material and other planning related topics.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Participates in and satisfactorily completes all training programs required of the assigned position.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
Shift: 2 Shifts Available
- 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Apply online or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please call 713-290-0090 if you have any questions.